An extraordinary opportunity has emerged at The Unknown Creative. We are seeking an inspired graduate to join our progressive, creative studio as a Junior Designer. Having been engrossed in your study of graphic design for the last few years, at The Unknown Creative you will have the opportunity to captivate a worldwide audience with your flair.
You will be able to display a keen attention to detail, and the ability to think and communicate creatively. You must be able to commit yourself fully, even when under pressure, while grasping the chance to work on an exciting range of high-profile branding projects. Your willingness to continue learning and growing – developing your existing natural instinct for creativity – will show in your desire to immerse yourself in our progressive ethos. You will enjoy reading and engaging with design, and be fascinated by its history and ability to invigorate and inspire an audience.
Working from concept to completion, throughout the process you will have the support of an experienced team to inspire and guide you throughout your journey. Learning how to apply your passion for design, typography and image-making to high-impact marketing and advertising campaigns, your work will engage and influence customers globally. Your creative skills will become invaluable industry-leading qualities as you develop detailed project briefs and brand guidelines into vibrant, visual messages.
We want you to have the freedom to display your own creative initiative, while becoming part of a team that like to challenge convention, and get our clients noticed.
Our design studio is based in the thriving hub of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. We work with a range of prominent public and private sector organisations in the UK, Europe, and The Americas. We specialise in producing high-quality contemporary design in the Smart Cities, Tech, Transport and Education sectors, for notable clients including Transport for London, Knauf, The United Nations, and Caixa Bank.
The Unknown Creative never stop progressing. We apply our skills and knowledge daily, but never want to stop learning ourselves. We are looking for someone who has displayed that they follow the same philosophy. Providing the opportunity of an initial three-month position – perfect for a person due to graduate this summer – how much longer that role could last would be up to you, your character, and the impact of your imagination on our work.
Skills and experience required:
- A BA (Hons) degree in graphic design (or related subject) is mandatory
- Display that you have the capability of learning and growing as a creative, and are committed to personal and team development
- Able to follow instruction, accept critique and use it to reinforce the strength and quality of your work
- Experience of using Adobe creative software in a creative environment is crucial
- Able to display an awareness of design impact across mediums, sectors, and cultural boundaries
- Effective communication skills; able to understand and follow project briefs, disseminate information and convey creative concepts
- A insightful interest in the Tech, Transport, Smart Cities and Education sectors would be an advantage
If you feel that your experience, character, and skills would suit our agency, and would like to apply for the position, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com , and we will gladly consider your interest.